Sunday, May 10, 2015

How have I changed this year?

Surely there are things about yourself that you don’t like. So you change them, right? Well, not exactly. It’s more likely that you keep on doing them, even though you say you’d like to change them. So is the old adage, “A leopard can’t change his spots,” true? That people can’t change?

No, people can change.

How have I changed, well that's a vague question, changing from what? From my blog or how have I changed as a person? Other than the obvious marks, meaning voice dropping an octave, getting taller, getting more mature well, I guess not much.  I mean I have undergone some significant changes this year but that doesn't change the fact that what makes me and you truly me and you? Or as a philosopher said: what makes us, us?  Is it the way we act? Our actions? How we look? No its simply more simple, is how we can change, to what you ask? How we change as a person or even in an intense circumstance. Our morals, our witt,   how  we  think.  

 But you can’t just snap your fingers and say goodbye to well-established patterns that you have made, even when those patterns result in bad consequences. Sure, you wish it could be easier. You may be impatient with yourself, giving yourself a good scold: “Just stop it already!” Oh, how I hate the word “just” when it pertains to change. We don’t change “just” because someone (even ourselves) wants us to.

So, how do you change? 

It’s a process that begins with being aware. This may seem obvious, but it’s not. If you're used to blaming everyone else for your problems, then you're not aware. If you're living your life in a daze, blaming bad luck, then you're in denial. How are you ever going to change anything if you don't own up to how your thinking and behavior help create the predicament you're in?

Its not as easy as exercising for 4 weeks and keeping to it, it's not just putting your money into a savings account and walking away. No, we change the most when we are low, when we have done something wrongful, we recognise it, and we are alone. We, even without knowing it, sometimes will make an oath to change the way we are so that there are no consequences next time.

I have changed, I have changed by being more aware, I am on that path, not necessarily changed, I am constantly changing, I went from being stuck up to being relaxed and nicer to everyone.  Yes, it was because something distasteful happened to me, what I did, I don't want to own up too, I have though and I am not blaming anyone for it anymore, only myself. 

Change, not as easy as one might think, it is constantly happening and constantly will be happening. Change is as unavoidable as making mistakes, for we must improve, and to improve we must change.
Thanks to Forbes for this image

1 comment:

  1. I usually burn two to five sticks a day (depending on the day). 2-3 sticks a session; sometimes when I really want to bathe in a scent, I'll do like 3 at a time.
    Brown Ceramic Backflow Waterfall Incense Burner Holder

    ReplyDelete