Sunday, March 8, 2015

Skiing.

What the HELL happened to all of the snow?!?!?! I mean for god sakes we live in Park City!!! PARK CITY!!! We are supposed to have at least seven feet of snow! and we have none. Park City is known for its incredible dry fluffy snow, but we have none… You all know how much I ski, I ski a ridiculous amount, but this year THERE IS NO POINT!!! Honestly I can not believe that there is no snow.  I have read some online sources that there will be less and less snow until two thousand fifty five, that may be hard to believe but global warming has a serious effect on everyone, it just that no one realizes it yet.  It is really upsetting and frustrating because one day it will be sunny and then the next day it will be snowy but not enough snow to ski.  That means it is like a summer winter hybrid which mens its hard to do summer activities because its biting cold, but you also can not do winter activities because there is NO SNOW!!! Because you can totally ski on grass, right? wrong, I tried, lets just say it hurt.   A lot…  although I am thinking about building a fake grass ramp, you can actually ski down the fake grass ramp as long as you add about three gallons of soap water and wax and soap you ski’s.  How do I know this? I was a skier at the Utah Olympic Park and they had a fake ski ramp.  Its the one where you ski into the pool.
Image result for utah olympic park
Image courtesy of Utah Olympic Park

Do you see those white ramps? those are the same material as fake grass.  THE bottom line is that the snow this year is absolutely horrible.  Not the type of snow but the amount of snow.  Usually we get about 383 inches ( in two thousand eight), last year we had about 260 inches of snowfall TOATAL!! thats less than 100 inches of the previous year.  You can imagine me as a little kid growing up in waist deep snow, when I couldn't handle it, then when I finally can handle it THERES NOT ENOUGH OF IT!!  Usually I am ten times better at skiing the next year then the previous, but when we don't get any snow I can not advance my skills, I just stay the same or get worse.   Honestly I am considering building a ski ramp in my backyard because it is already sloped, and it has the potential for amazingness.  Think about it, all of my buddies would be able to come over and ski, sure we may look like retards skiing in my backyard in shorts and a t-shir! Sure we may eat SHIT a couple of times! Sure we may brake a bone, but you know what?!!  yeah im starting to think its  bad idea too.  Just imagine me and my friend in t shirts and shorts with ski and ski boots on and a helmet, we would look so stupid!   Whatever I guess we will find out next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment